Hello everyone! This is Connor Gilbert, and welcome back to Box Office with Connor! This week we have six new releases. The very forgettable drama horror film Unforgettable, in 2,400 theaters, the American genocide romantic drama, The Promise in 2,300 theaters, and others not worth noting (I can only write so much guys).
Our first film is Unforgettable. This film will not make too much, but will most likely be the most money-making of this week’s releases. My comparisons for Unforgettable are Addicted, which made 7.5 million dollars opening weekend, and Gone Baby Gone with an opening of 5.5 million dollars. I am projecting 7.6 million dollars for Unforgettable this weekend.
Our second film is The Promise. I don’t think The Promise will make much, but in 2,000 theaters, it has to make something. My comparison for the Promise is The Zookeeper’s Wife, which made 3.3 million dollars in its opening weekend. I am projecting 3.1 million for The Promise.
Friday numbers for the Promise just came in, and it has not changed my predictions.
- The Fate of the Furious – 37.5 million – 62% drop
- The Boss Baby – 10.1 million – 37% drop
- Beauty and the Beast – 8.8 million – 36% drop
- Unforgettable – 7.6 million – OPENING
- Born in China – 5.3 million – OPENING
- Smurfs: The Lost Village – 4.5 million – 33% drop
- Going in Style – 3.7 million – 42% drop
- The Promise – 3.1 million – OPENING
- Free Fire – 3.1 million – OPENING
- Gifted – 3.0 million – 10% drop